If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

"How do you do it?"

If I’m not being asked “are they triplets?” then it’s "How do you do it?", "Is it just crazy?" So I’ve done this once or twice before so I figured I’d update our daily lives.


Well basically, the answer is, I do it with a schedule, lots of help and a boat load of patience.


Is it crazy? Well, I guess that would depend on who you ask. I’ll be honest, there are many days that I think the kids are doing great, with some fights and screams here and there, but Brian will be at his wits end with them.His “noise tolerance” is not nearly as high as mine. :)


So what is a day like in the Bunch house? Let’s go with a day that Brian and I both work.


6:00

Brian leaves (lately anyway. Usually not till 8)


6:30

Grammy Russo comes over to our house. I leave for work.

7:30 - 8:30

Anywhere in here the babies start waking up. We typically let them stay in their cribs and “talk” with each other for a half hour or so before going to get them.


8:30

Diapers Changed, babies play, Grammy makes breakfast! (waffles, pancakes, cinnamon toast, french toast, eggs, yogurt, fruit oatmeal) Not all of these on the same day you realize. :)


8:45

All three go into highchairs and eat breakfast! We love that now, they purposefully use their sign language to tell us when they want more or when they’re all done!


9:00

Play time, Disney Channel time, Bath time, etc. For grammy, it’s laundry time! She always does a load or two of their laundry! (And sometimes even mine!)


10:30

Snack time! Bunchkins get something like yogurt, goldfish crackers, grapes, strawberries, cheese, etc. Often they’ll eat this just around the house, or in their play room. I know we’re supposed to encourage ALL meals to be eaten “at the table” or in the high chairs, but quite frankly, getting 3 babies in and out of those suckers and strapping them in gets really tiring.


10:30- 12:00

More play time! Play time can be any of the following: Climbing in and out of the tupperware cupboard, playing at the play kitchen in the play room, puzzles, blocks, reading books, trying on shoes, playing in the backyard with the play house, riding in the wagon, playing in the sandbox, etc. Grammy has even started taking them in the triple stroller to the park by our house.


11:30 - 12:00

MOMMY’s HOME! Usually when I get home, it’s lunch time and Grammy usually leaves to go run her own errands!


12:30

Lunch time! Back into the highchairs they go. Lunch varies...mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, deli meat and cheese, pasta, always with some kind of fruit. I’m taking suggestions for new things to feed them!


1:00

As they finish eating, I take them one at a time out of their chair, wash their hands and faces, change their diaper and they go straight up to their crib for nap time. So yes, it’s somewhat tedious making 6 trips up and down the stairs. But if I let them all out at the same time, they think it’s play time again.


1:00 - 4:00

NAP time! (Most productive 2.5 to 3 hours of my life!) Yes, they all sleep in the same room, in their own cribs. Their body clocks are so in sync, that they will all sleep for the same amount of time and begin waking up at the same time. During this time, I do work for my Premier Jewelry business, or do work for Kindergarten, or simply clean the house a little.


4:00

Wake up time! Like the morning, I usually don’t go get them until I have heard all 3 “talking.” This way, I can take them all out their cribs at once, and they can follow me down the stairs! Woo hoo!! Love how that saves me 5 trips! Diaper change and SNACK TIME for the Bunchkins.



4:00 - 5:30

Play time, inside or out, depending on the weather. Sometimes we run errands at this time, like go to the happiest place on earth, Target. Or lots of times, Aunt Mary comes to visit after she’s done at kindergarten work. Sometimes she comes with us to run errands and other times, she stays with them while I go run!


5:30

Dinner for the Bunchkins! Back into highchairs they go!


6:00 - 7:00

More play time! Dad usually gets home somewhere in here!


7:00

Begin the nighttime wind down. At 7:00, we change diapers one last time, and get all 3 into their jammies. As soon as Hunter is in hers she will walk over to Brian and give him the “Milk” sign. They have their own routine which she MUST help with.


He picks her up, they get three sippy cups out of the cupboard and fill them all with milk. She opens the microwave for Brian, and one at a time, while they count 1-2-3, they put the cups in the microwave. She pushes the number buttons and the start button all by herself. When they get to 10 seconds left, they count backwards together and when they get to 0, they both wave their hands in the air to cheer! She opens the microwave, they stir 1-2-3, and then put them in for a few more seconds. Again, SHE gets to push the buttons! They count backward again, cheer again, then she opens the microwave again and they put lids on 1-2-3 cups. She then brings them to her brothers and they all enjoy a cup of warm milk.


7:45 ish

We used to let them wind down in their little lounge chairs, but lately they’ve resisted them, so they just have their milk wherever they are and then, they go up to their cribs! And they sleep. All night long. :)


WINE :00

Brian and I watch TV and have a glass of wine and go to bed at about 10:30.


And that’s our day!





6 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome organization Ami! Sounds like fun!

The Alexanders said...

Our schedule is almost the exact same...within an hour or less to everything!!! I may have to steal this idea for a post of my own!

Pam Maguire said...

You are amazing! This only happens with the first one or obviously THREE! I use to think someone could stand outside my house and know which room I was in depending on the time of the day. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th never really had a schedule like this - slept in the car, etc....

Anonymous said...

Ami....my personal lunch favorite -quesadillas- get a quesadilla maker - add some blackbeans and chopped tomato and you've got all four food groups covered!

Gabriella

Mary said...

I love the schedule... I know I can go see them on my way home from school!

Auntie Val said...

Love it and love how well they actually follow this schedule. You have such well behaved little people. Always a pleasure for Uncle Jim and I to spend time with them. Great Job!!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails