If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Den for our Cubs

Well, all I have to say is that Brian has been HARD at work in the nursery! He managed to finish all the painting, the chair rail and the crown molding! It looks so cute! I can't wait to put furniture in it! Which brings me to my next topic...show of hands here ...how many of you have ever played that game Tetris where you have to try and fit all the pieces together as best you can? Ok, well that is similar to how I would describe the process of trying to figure out how to fit 3 cribs, a changing table, a glider and possibly a dresser into that room. Let me tell you, it's not easy! It would be so easy to just randomly place 3 cribs in there, but when you have obsessive- compulsive-decorating-symmetry issues like I do, it really needs to be just right. Forget functionality! 3 babies or not, I still go for looks! So after about an hour of Brian and I tape measuring EVERY possible arrangement, he finally just left the room and probably decided (though he would NEVER actually admit it, god love him) that I have control issues and might be a little bit obsessed with where to put 3 cribs. So anyway, there I was with a roll of blue painter's tape and my imagination. Oh, and Piper. Because as usual, she does not leave my side, and she felt the need to help me envision where to put 3 babies too. (For which we temporarily subsituted teddy bears.) So by golly, I think I got it! So please enjoy the blue tape all over the carpet and just know that it is truly a functional piece to the completion of this room!






4 comments:

Jen said...

The room looks fabulous! Once you have the actual furniture and wheel it around a couple times, you'll find the fit. Can't wait to see the finished product, and the nusery too :)

Disbrow Snow said...

So are we gonna roll with this ABC theme and select names that begin with A, B, and C??

Jenna said...

Do you have room for one more bed in there? Heck, I'll sleep on the floor!

Annabelle said...

Nursery is so cute! To fit everything in our nursery with 2 cribs, we doubled the dresser and the changing table. We bought a "tall" 4 drawer dresser and put the changing pad on top. Then we had the top drawer for changing supplies and that would leave you with one drawer for each sweet pea. We also used tons of drawer organizers from IKEA, huge help with multiple babies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails