If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

You shoes, you lose.

Tonight, all my ideas seem to be continuations of last night's 'Happies and Crappies.' 

HAPPY: 
Let's begin with with the picture Brian sent me today, of the littles helping to clean their playroom. It was as stunning a sight as it sounds. Dave Conca said it best as I showed my phone to him, "Hey! There's the floor!" My thought exactly! Happy Mother's Day to me! By no means did they actually 'clean' it, but they DID do a fantastic job of clearing a TON of it and at least providing me a walkway. Thank you Brian for spearheading Operation Clean-up. 

CRAPPY:
For my birthday, my in-laws gave me a gift card to DSW to get some new shoes! So I did...I got 5 of them, in fact. Exactly 2 weeks ago. Today, while leaving a School Function, walking with my sister and my principal, I could feel this strange sensation on the underside of my foot-As though I had stepped in gum or something. Um, gum would've been nice compared to catastrophe that actually was. Take a look. Have you EVER seen a shoe do that? :(

HAPPY: 
I called DSW as soon as I left the function and explained the situation (despite knowledge that their return/exchange policy was only applicable to UNWORN merchandise. By the grace of God, I had the receipt still in my purse (that's actually more newsworthy than my shoe breaking) and they were MORE than understanding and accommodating to my plight. I chuckled when she asked if I wanted a different pair or just the cash back. Uh, no no. I actually NEED a new shoe considering I'm out and about for the day and was WEARING those shoes. Lucky for me, those shoes were still in stock AND there was one in my size.  :) Thank you DSW for turning a Crappy into a Happy! 


In other news, this morning we took the kids to Dunkin Donuts for a little breakfast before I left for the day. As usual, they were up in the air about what kind they wanted. (It's always frosted. It always has sprinkles. It's the color that changes. Pink or brown. Well that decision was made even more complex today with the option of HEART shaped Pink Donuts! The boys both opted for a pink heart, but Hunter remained steadfast in her original pick- a round, chocolate frosted. 

Well, as soon I served all three of them their donuts, Colton said, "Mommy, I want that chocolate circle, pointing to a Hunter's donut {I knew that was going to happen}. Sorry, bud, you picked a pink heart donut. That one is Hunter's. 

Obviously listening to this conversation, it wasn't but a few moments later that Hunter looked at me and said, "Mom, can you cut this one into a piece for Colton too? 

And sure enough, she shared half her donut with him because she just knew that it would make him happy. I love that all three of them do that for each other.

And then there's this little bean. She's growing up too fast. Somehow, she got it in her head that she no longer wanted to sleep in the same room as 'The Boys.' She has been asking all the adults in her world for her own room. WITH Owls. It hurts my mom heart a little bit to imagine them apart. (Even though they all sleep in separate rooms at my mom's house....) Sigh....soon enough baby girl. Soon enough.
 Happy Saturday, everyone! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails