If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye, 2012.

Well, never mind that I ordered these cards the last week of OCTOBER, because they are STILL sitting on my desk, pleading, begging, to adorn all of YOUR refrigerators and walls. But, life happened. 

I MAY still send them out, (because at least I smartly included the phrase 'New Year' on them....) but, I may not. So Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Merry Everything to you. If you sent us a card, I genuinely appreciate it and have enjoyed looking at your beautiful families this season. 


So, It's almost 2013.

Yikes. It's always at this point, mere hours before the clock strikes midnight, that I go into overdrive. Did I do everything I meant to do in 2012? (Excluding of course, the timely sending of Christmas Cards). Did I say everything I needed to say? Did I make the best of it? Is there anything left I'd like to do? (Interestingly, this question left me vacuuming UNDER all the furniture and vacuuming out ALL the couch cushions. Who wants to start a new year with yucky stuff in the couches, right?)

And well, the answer is the same as it is every year. It is what it is. I like to think that ever since becoming a mom after a really long, hard fought battle, that I make the best of ALL of my days. Some days are harder than others, and somedays I can surely be a bit@#, but most days, I'm just happy to be alive, happy to have my loved ones with me.

I spent a lot of time this year reading about and mourning young children's deaths. 2 in particular-Children I've never met but somehow feel almost as if they are mine. Ronan Thompson and Ty Campbell, 2 amazing little boys who lost their young lives way too soon. It's heartbreaking, devastating and it makes you realize that the petty stuff you wish you'd accomplished like sending cards out on time or keeping your house cleaner, doesn't mean crap in the grand scheme of things. People often ask me how I can stand to read about these little boys. My answer is how can I not? These stories have changed me. Truly. I urge to you read. And then do something. 

That, and the continued mourning and celebrating the life and loss of our friend Kim Conca, while watching her family grow into people she'd be so proud of. That's what matters. All the other stuff is just, well....stuff.

So here's hoping that you enter 2013 with no regrets. That you continue to be thankful for every breath you take and each sunrise with which you are greeted. Happy New Year to each of you. I'm grateful to have you all in my life. Cheers!



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Well said, Ami! A very Happy New Year to you and the rest of the Bunch family. :)

Jeremy DeBauche said...

We hope you all had, and continue to have, a wonderful New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails