If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lots to say for such a little thing


Anytime people ask about the kids' language development, I often say we've got one speaking 1 or 2 word phrases, one speaking 2 and 3 words phrases and one speaking in sentences. But it occurred to me that years from now, I would not remember just how true that was. So I have decided to be better about recording the things they are saying at just a month shy of 2 and a half years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning, almost immediately after being pulled out of her crib, Hunter says to me:

Hunter:
"Ohh! Fingoonayo Mommy. (fingernail)
Oh no! Fick it mommy? (fix it)
Mommy fickin the nayo Hunter?"

[Mommy clips the hangnail and files all edges smooth.]

Hunter:
Ow! Dat hurts! Ow, Mommy! {for the record, it did NOT hurt.}

Mommy:
I'm sorry Hunter.

Hunter:
I sowwy Mommy.

Mommy:
You don't have to be sorry, Hunter. Mommy's sorry I hurt you.

Hunter:
Mommy, paintin the nayo? Paintin the fingoonayo toes, mommy?

[Mommy paints Hunter's fingers and toes pink.]

Hunter:
Oooh. It's sho pitty mommy. (It's so pretty).
Hunter nayos sho pitty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At breakfast, the kids were all eating cereal and a pop tart. Hunter noticed that Colton had made quite a mess on the table and from the kitchen, I heard the following (mostly one way) conversation ensue.

Hunter:
Uh oh! Oh! Messy!
Mommy, need wash. Mommy? Need wash please. (nice manners, eh?)

[Mommy hands Hunter a wet rag and watches as she proceeds to wash the table in front of Colton.]

Hunter:
Mess! Oh Co-tin! Messy.
All done! Mommy I washing.

Mommy:
Good job, Hunter. Thanks for washing the mess.

Hunter:
All done Mommy! Put away?

[Brings the rag back to the sink, and goes back to the table.]

Hunter:
All done!

[Scoots Colton's chair away from the table.]

All done Co-tin (Colton)
E-tin all done? (Ethan)
Want get out? E-tin out of chair?
Want dwink E-tin?
Ooh. It's cold. Dwink is Cold.

[Gets both boys out of chairs.]

Kay boys. Come on boys.
We go outside.
Coming? Coming?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man, she sure is a busy body. Gotta love her.

As for me, thanks for all the concern. I feel a TON better today than I did yesterday. The kids were kind enough to sleep until 9:05 this morning, so that helped me get caught up on my own sleep. Here's hoping there's no coughing tonight. :)

2 comments:

Grampa Sam said...

Anabelle is right; Hunter will make a good wife ... or drill sergeant! Love you.

Mary said...

Emilio would like to borrow Hunter so she can teach Brinley about cleaning and keeping things organized : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails