If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

She must get it from me...

Short and sweet tonight...it's all I have time for! But I wanted to share my proud mama moment for the day. When I got home from work today (teaching kindergarten), I had to set out 21 name tags that were heavy with good ol' Elmer's glue on the counter to dry. Hunter wanted to help. (I knew this by the tug on my pant leg and the teeny tiny voice saying, "up?") So I picked her up and held her on my left hip. With my other hand I would take a nametag and lay it on the counter, from right to left. I had set about 7 of them down before I realized that Hunter was talking as I was working. So I listened carefully, while I continued to set them out, and that's when I realize what she was saying....

"One", "Two", "Tee", "Fo" "Fi"....

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!
SHE IS COUNTING!!
MY NOT -EVEN- TWO -YEAR -OLD- DAUGHTER CAN COUNT!

So what did I do first? Looked her, said "Holy Sh#$, are you counting? (forgetting that she's a competent repeater these days...) and then said, "DO IT AGAIN!" And she did! Several more times!

Now don't get me wrong. By no means do I think she's a genius or anything, but the fact of the matter is this-I teach kindergarten and I have 5 and 6 year olds who often cannot count. Seriously.

The other thing is that though we read constantly, and count pictures in books, I have never explicitly taught her how to count. She is just a little sponge....

Like I said, I'm pretty sure she gets it from me. :)
These are the name tags she was counting

And this is the face of brilliance. :)
You go girl!!


4 comments:

Mrs. Lofgren said...

Go Hunter! I wonder if it is her piggies of power! :)

Dad said...

I disagree with you, Ami. I think it obvious that she IS a genius! :)

Anabelle said...

Yay Hunter! It pays to have a kindergarten teacher as a mom.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I must agree with dad.....she is a genius....clearly.

Jen H.
AKA....Gabriela Page

Related Posts with Thumbnails