If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Aren't Families Great?

I grew up with lots of aunts and uncles and I love that I have memories of them all! My mom comes from a family of 5 girls and my dad is the oldest of 6 (3 boys and 3 girls). So seriously, I had lots of aunts and uncles! Most of them live about as far away from us as you can get! (Vermont and now Georgia). I'm lucky that two of them live right here in Tucson so we get to see them pretty regularly!

This past weekend, my Auntie Donna came to visit from Vermont, (a trip which excitedly ended with the birth of another 2nd cousin of mine, but which also meant that my other Aunt who was living in Tucson was off to make a new home in Georgia where she could be the gramma to her newest granddaughter!) We miss you already Auntie Diane! (You see, Auntie Diane was often a regular Bunchkin babysitter with my mom on days I go to work.)

I know my mom enjoyed having them both here as much as we did! (All we needed was our Auntie Darlene!) But here's the best part...one night they offered to babysit-OVERNIGHT! How exciting! Brian and I got to have a date night and then sleep in the next day!

Having a babysitter can be great, but having 3 babysitters for 3 babies is about as good as it gets! So I gave them my camera to document some of their adventures while Brian and I went and saw the movie "Valentine's Day!" It was a great date and we sure appreciated our babysitters!
Gramma Debi and Ethan
Colton playing his favorite game with Auntie Donna

Auntie Diane and Hunter

Auntie Donna and Colton

Auntie Diane and Hunter

Gramma and Ethan
Look how fun to have 3 babysitters for 3 babies! This is the most individual attention they've gotten in a long time, probably!

Colton's cleft palate mixed with Chicken and Stars soup gives new meaning to the term "Shooting Stars." You see, because his palate is open, anything he eats can come right out his nose! So at pretty much every meal, we prepare for that tickle in his nose which signals that a food-filled sneeze is imminent. In this case...stars. If you look closely, or click on the picture below to make it bigger, you will see a star just below each nostril. Yes, those went in the mouth and came back out the nose. :) Oh how I look forward to his surgery...



Colton is practicing his advertisements for Gerber Puffs
Auntie Diane and Ethan
Go ahead boys. Envision whirled peas.

And bottle time for Hunter and Auntie Donna

And gramma and Colton

And Auntie Diane and Ethan
Thank you Aunties! We miss you both so much and can't wait to see you again!
(Now read the post below about haircuts...it's a new one too!)

1 comment:

Mary said...

The Bunchkins probably didn't know what to do with their own personal babysitter : ) The Graduates pic with Colton is adorable! We do miss you Aunties : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails