If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

All In a Day's Work: Part 2....6 months old and all we got was shots!

So the second part of our day was a trip to our favorite Pediatrician, Dr. Goldberg! Yes, the Bunchkins are 6 months old...Doesn't even seem possible! Being pregnant for for 6 months often felt like 12, but when it's 6 months watching your babies grow, it just flys by! And I, like all other mothers, do not want them to grow up. :( I love this stage. I love the dependence they have on us right now, EVEN with three of them! They never cease to amaze me, surprise me, humor me and entertain me....and today, I was so proud of them.



Like I've said in other posts, these babies are miracles in so many ways. Honestly. They beat the odds. I beat the odds. They were conceived in a miraculous way, born to a tiny mother 7 weeks early, spent time in the NICU and are nevertheless doing absolutely wonderful! Their health appears to be great, their growth follows normal patterns, respectively, and they are quite frankly the happiest babies you can imagine. I know I tell people that all the time, but seriously, I invite you to come to our house and see for yourself! They wake up giggling, they smile constantly, and the laughs are contagious. Today, was no exception. Dr. Goldberg got to experience three laughing babies himself! (That is, until the shots came out...) oh well...you can't win 'em all!



Dr. Goldberg and Hunter

Filling out the Developmental Scales!

And here comes Jackie with the needles...

First up...


ETHAN BEAR


"What did I ever to to you? Why are you always poking me??"

"I can't take it anymore! Just do it already!!"
"Daddy...make it stop."


Next up...


THE COLTON-MEISTER"It's not that bad, it's not that bad, it's not that bad..."
"Yes it is! It's THAT BAD!"
"Hold me, Mommy!"


"Gramma, peeease you make it better??"
And hiding out in 3rd place...


PRINCESS HUNTER

"Ok, tastes nasty, but it didn't hurt. I can do this."
"Oh hi pretty lady with Betty Boop on your shirt..."
"What kind of person does that to a small child?"
"Quick! The Bandaid! That always makes it better."
"Sniff, sniff...Daddy, can I pweeese have a pony? Sniff, sniff.."

Alas, after all that, you'd think their day was done. But no, now we're off to get our helmets! Come along!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails