If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's new....

Here is my latest profile...a sort of "Modified"
belly shot. 23W 4D
Ok, there is no excuse for my absence from this blog that I love so much! Somehow I recently found myself on facebook and have been trying to wean myself already from this "nosy" addiction! My blog was my first love and will continue to be my priority! :) So with that, let's see what's been happening here in the land of wiggly babies...
1. Today I am 24W 1D pregnant...a small, yet momentous feat all at the same time. The best part is that I still feel great! Truly. I still have a hard time sleeping...but I think I'm just subconsciously (or maybe consciously) afraid I'm going to squash one of the babies! No matter which side I sleep on, I can actually feel at least one wiggling baby beneath my skin. The vision that comes to my mind unfortunately is that of a small face pressed up against a clear, glass window....how odd am I?? So sleep at this point remains my greatest challenge.

2. The Babies. They are movers and shakers. All. Day. Long. I often wonder what they are doing in there...sleeping (clearly not), fighting (quite possibly) or just testing all their new people skills (most likely). Whatever it is, I am in love with these babies. I sit on the couch and stare at my belly for hours. I admit, it's somewhat alien-like the way they distort my once perfectly round belly, and yet, I am so captivated by it. My mother even video taped it the other day!

3. The nursery. I'm starting to think I should have found a way to put 3 cribs and a bed in there considering how much time I spend in it. I love it. I find it soothing, peaceful and just generally a happy place to be. Every morning when I wake up, and every night before I go to bed, I walk into their room and look in all three cribs. (As if, by some weird chance there were going to be babies in there already!) I just imagine what blessed chaos there will be when they arrive. Taking advice from my "Baby Mama" friend Anabelle, I recently added a small night stand to go beside the glider with a lamp for those late night feedings or rockings or whatevers! It couldn't be more perfect. :)

4. My gratitude for friends, families and even mere acquaintances. When I go in the nursery and look around, I am honestly overcome with gratitude. I cannot believe how much stuff we received from people we are related to, people we know well and even people we barely know. Whatever it is, I just hope that everyone knows how much we appreciate everything we have received to get these babies off and running!

5. Three. Of EVERYTHING. It's a weird feeling when I go to the store to buy something for babies...today for instance, I went in search of baby books. I had to buy three. THREE!! Three of everything....I momentarily stress out, until the cashier asks me if I meant to buy three baby books and I tell her I am having triplets...2 boys and a girl, and then my stress turns to smiles. I am going to be the mommy of three tiny babies. So yes, I'd like three baby books, please. :)
I honestly don't care how chaotic my life is about to be. I am blessed. I am excited. A little nervous that I will do a good enough job, but so darn happy. Since I failed to put up a belly pic last week or the week after, I will put up a few of me in the nursery. Ha ha. I told you, I'm in there ALL THE TIME. :)



1 comment:

Jaymee said...

Well, you look fabulous! And the never sleeping will last over the next few years. You just kinda of get used to being a zombie. The babies ultrasound photos are priceless. I can not wait to meet them!!! You certainly have been very blessed and will be an amazing mommy. We continue to pray for all and think of you daily: )

Related Posts with Thumbnails