If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bye Bye skinny jeans...


So, after much resistance and constant prodding from my loving husband to go buy new pants, I finally gave in. I honestly couldn't stand the rubber band loop thing anymore! When you work with kids all day and you're up and down, moving around, you have to constantly be worrying that no one will notice that though you managed to essentially "button" (aka rubber band loop) your pants, the zipper still won't stay up. So...I finally gave in last night. I took myself to Old Navy and bought some NEW pants! Pants that I can button! Two of them were simply a size or two bigger than I'd normally wear, but the jeans, ahh, the jeans....I really had to give in here. I bought maternity jeans. I don't know why I was so embarrassed, but I had already folded the jeans (hiding the atrocious blue belly band) and pulled out the price tag for the cashier, so that she would hopefully not unfold them and see that little tiny me was buying maternity jeans!! I felt like I was buying my first training bra or something...which I probably ought to look into next....but anyway...The irony, as I saw it when I was taking pictures of my "old" jeans and my "new" jeans were the labels sewn inside each waistband....Guess which ones are called "TYTE JEANS" and which are called "S T R E T C H"...Anyway, that's how I celebrated graduating from the first trimester!




1 comment:

Audrey said...

YEAH for stretchy jeans! I am sure there will be more to come! Wear them with pride!

Related Posts with Thumbnails