If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Inspiration can be found in the oddest places...

So, I'll be the first to recognize that my skills as a blogger as of late BLOW. But wait for it. Today, I got one of the greatest laughs I've gotten in a while and well, it sparked that old feeling of, "Oh my gosh, I have to blog this!"

So this afternoon, I'm busily working away on numerous projects for work and I left the little boys upstairs on my bed, watching CARS. It was harmless. No really. It was. Well it WAS. Until Brian went upstairs to get laundry.

Cuz that's when  I heard it. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW AND SHOW YOUR MOTHER WHAT YOU'RE DOING. " {cue tears and feet dragging} And then I saw it. Ethan Scissorhands. Hairstylist extraordinaire. Oh. My.


I was able to get in about 18 stern words filled with all the wisdom I knew I should impart about how we only cut paper, you could've cut yourself, yada yada yada, until I gave up and burst into laughter.


That sad little face looked up at me, confused about the contrasting message my face and my words were sending and he crawled up into my lap and just hugged my neck with everything in him.

This is one of those times. One of those things…when all you can do is smile.

(And thank God picture day was LAST WEEK!)  :)






 More fun was had 'fixing' the haircut. 

Daddy turned him into 'Little Old Man, Ethan'


And then he buzzed him all. the.way.


Parenting is never dull. Of that much I am certain. 

2 comments:

Grammy Russo said...

oh my god, oh my god, oh my Ethan. Don't know what else to say really? I am locking up all my cutting tools, although I hope that he has certainly learned a lesson. Ladies man? um not unless they like soon to be 6 year old baldies. love that kid. he is still a charmer.

CUTIE said...

LOL
Glass Baby Bottles

Related Posts with Thumbnails