I really did. I thought about counting how many times I've begun posts with any sort of phrase in which I apologize for an overly long absence in the blogging world. And then I decided I didn't have that kind of time. :)
So though we all know it, this time, I just won't say it. We'll pretend it wasn't 21 days ago since I last wrote and we'll pretend that absolutely nothing of interest has happened here.
And because you diligently checked (and re-checked) on me to see if there was anything new, (and were perhaps disappointed when there was not) I just want to say, "thanks for coming back." Your reward?
A BLOG-A-DAY IN AUGUST!!
I've missed you all. I really have. I attempted to blog so many times, but was defeated every time by writer's block, fatigue, work, or wine. So I'm forcing myself to at least attempt a blog a day this month...But I'm back at work, full time now, so this will inevitably be the hardest of my blog-a-day goals to reach yet. And with that, I present to you...
THE TOP TEN REASONS I MAY FAIL THIS MONTH!
(Not that I'm setting myself up to fail, I'm just keepin' it real...)
10. Time. Usually, I blog at nap time. Now, I teach kindergarten at nap time and arrive home as nap time is ending. That presents a bit of a time challenge. I'll say I'll blog at night, but I might fall asleep on the couch...and will have typed something like this: zdafdajjjjjjkaaaaattaaeddd899999saaaaaal''''''''''''''''''''affffe.
9. Shark Week. Let's face it. I've said it before, I'm a shark week junkie. It's possible that I'll be on my eleventh straight hour of shark show watching and will suddenly realize I forgot to blog. I hope that I'll have remembered to feed the kids, but I might forget that too. I'm just sayin. More importantly, I'm teaching my kids to appreciate Shark Week too.
8. I'll be too busy doing yard work. Ba haa haaa! Who are we kidding? I'll be too busy watching Brian and Hunter do yard work. They're much better at it than I am. Look at the skill she possesses with that lawn mower. She makes her dad proud. (I think she's just trying to reinforce how much she appreciates that we actually HAVE grass to mow again.)
7. I'll accidentally forget my laptop at work, plugged into the projector, where I last played a video of the Chic.ka C.hicka Boo.m Boo.m Tree for 26 kindergarteners. Yes, this may have happened to me the other night. On the night I had a crap-load of work to do.
6. I'll be too busy giving piggy back rides. Somehow this has become the preferred mode of travel in this house. Everybody has to get a piggy back ride into his crib or there are sure to be BIG, CROCODILE TEARS. The other day, I found myself taking 3 kids downstairs from naps....holding Hunter on my right hip, Ethan hanging on my back, little hands wrapped tightly around my neck, holding Colton's hand with my left hand as he walked like a big boy. The only thing that could've made that moment better would've been someone else there taking a picture. It's such a big deal that THEY are now giving their Buzz and Woody dolls piggy back rides all around the house. Good times.
5. I'll be so busy watching my 'babies' play, I may forget to blog about it. Mostly because I might be crying or at least getting teary eyed, as I ponder the old cliche, "They grow up so fast", because THEY REALLY DO! And I'll suddenly be overwhelmed that the three teeny, tiny babies I hatched just 2 years and 4 months ago are suddenly such big kids who love each other and hate each other all in one fell swoop.
4. I'll STILL be sorting through my favorite San Diego pics I never got around to showing you...
3. I'll be enjoying the luxury of my new couch courtesy of my sister and brother-in-law and quite simply won't want to get up to get the computer.
2. I'll be cleaning out the car and might get swallowed whole. Yeah....somehow, it's that bad again.
And the number one reason I MIGHT fail at my blog-a-day marathon?
1. Blogger will inevitably fail me at one moment or another, most likely on day 29, just before I'm about to succeed. So I'll just expect it and accept it.
But cross your fingers...cuz I'm gonna give it my all! Nice to see you again my friends!