If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A girl, her babies and her blog go primetime (kinda) :)

Yesterday, I got to take part in a really cool opportunity.

Once upon a time, I had my blog printed by a company called Blog2print.com They turned my 'virtual life story' into a beautiful hardbound book, which I love more than I love I love lots of things. You'd think I could remember our lives' events considering that it's only been about 2 years since pregnancy and babies', but I can't. My memory is BAD.

So for me, blogging and Blog2print is pretty much my ticket to memory lane. I'm pretty selective about things I really, really like. But when I really, really like something I sort of obsess about it. For instance, I have certain favorite Chick flicks that I'll watch over and over and over. That's how my blog book is. I look at it constantly. Doesn't matter that I wrote it, (and should know what it says) or that I've pretty much memorized it. On days that I'm feeling particularly nostalgic, I'll go back to the beginning and read it to the end...(and trust me when I say that reliving my story is so much easier when you're reading a book, than clicking from post to post).

So I'm just gonna put it out there, oh bloggy friends of mine. You need to get your blog in writing. You will be SO glad you did. There is seriously no better way to capture your memories than in a beautiful, personalized book that someone else makes FOR you!! (especially if you are like me, a delinquent scrapbooker).

You honestly won't believe how easy it is to do! (look at me, I totally sound like an advertisement!) But I digress...

Somehow, I ended up on KVOA channel 4 news live today with none other than the amazing Martha Vazquez! (WOW!) What a privilege! I was there to talk about that which we all love...MOMMY BLOGGIN! What a privilege to be able to share my love for writing about my babies as well as my love for my blog book.

Enjoy some photos from our afternoon. My sister, Mary came along to be my photographer!

My mom stayed at home with the babies and captured her own video of the Bunchkins sitting in front of the TV, very intently watching their mommy. So much even that little Hunter walks up to the TV, points, and says with perfect enunciation, "Momma." (Insert AWWWwwwws here.)

So anyway, I'm just babbling now...Enjoy some photos of my news debut, and even the video (once you get past 30 seconds of a commercial).

When you're done, go ahead. Type B-L-O-G-2-P-R-I-N-T.com and have fun making YOUR memories into a book!

THE VIDEO



Part of the studio...so fun, huh??
This is where we did our interview
Ami and Martha Vazquez
1
Mary Mary!

Getting mic'ed




Blurry cuz we couldn't use the flash in the studio.

I was trying to have MY hand on Matt's other shoulder.


That's all she wrote folks!
4 down, 26 to go!

7 comments:

Grampa Sam said...

Ami Leigh (sometimes referred to as "Beulah Summers :) -- In a word, you were awesome. Composed, articulate, and confident. Most important, though, you came across as the very kind, loving and friendly person that you are. The "topper" for me was that your love for Colton/Squishy/Big Boy runs so deep that you freely allowed the display of photos depicting his pre-surgical appearance. Because in our eyes, especially yours, he has always been spectacularly handsome. Love, Dad

Mary said...

You did great! You would never know that you were worried about how you would sound. It was pretty cool to see how they run the show : ) Too bad you can't post the 31 comments from Facebook!

Auntie Val said...

Ami Leigh,
You continue to amaze us! Not sure where you get all your energy to conquer every task but you do and with perfection! Thanks for keeping us all connected to your beautiful family. Love you! Auntie Val

Amory said...

SO cool!!! Good for you!!

butterflymama said...

You're famous! Way to go Ami!! :)

Cindy Mahon said...

Hey, isn't it cool that you got to put all those communications classes to use! If your career as a children's book author doesn't work out, I think you'd do great on tv news or as a tv host! :) I'd watch you! :)

Tim and Darcy said...

Awesome! I also read through these comments (is that weird?) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE what "Grampa Sam" wrote..so touching! What a great family/support system you have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails