If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Though there has never really been a question about it, there certainly is not one now. Hunter is my daughter.

* She looks like a mini-me. Seriously. Such a strange feeling to see yourself in someone else. Someone you created! I think she's just about the funniest little thing ever.

* She is every bit as fiesty as I am, and has every bit the temper I have. (Clearly. You've all now seen the biting entry from a few days ago. :) You know what I'm talking about. )

* She's tiny and petite, just like me.

So the other day, as I was washing dishes at the kitchen sink, I left the babies to play in the playroom just down the hall. (Seemed like a perfectly fine idea at the time.) But then I started to hear some crying. (This does not usually alarm me. I often ignore it completely.) And in fact, I did ignore it for some time. But then I got THAT feeling. You know, the one that says "you might wanna go check on your kids..." So I did. And this is what I found.

(That's Colton's bum in case you're wondering)

Yep. She's going to be the death of me. She's so tiny, she fits through the flippin' sink hole! She proceeded to actually crawl all the way through and then stand up on the "counter". God love her. So if that's not funny enough, I went to show my mom these photos the day after and she immediately laughed and said she needed to find something. What she found was a photo of me when I was about 3. So again, here's Hunter......

And here's me.
Great minds think alike!




4 comments:

Jaymee said...

SERIOUSLY! What are the chances that you would BOTH crawl through the sink hole!!!!!! That is toooooo FUNNY!!!!

Anabelle said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Mary said...

Now you will have to remember all these moments so when Hunter's daughter one day does stuff like this, you can pull out the picture! I can't believe Mom found the picture : )

Unknown said...

Too cute! I, too, love when I see my daughters repeat history or "show their roots!"
At this point I have the fabulous experience of seeing my youngest daughter exactly mimic what her older sister was doing/looked like... 9 years later!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails