If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good bye 2009, Hello 2010

Classic 2009...
Colton with a string of drool, Hunter with her helmet bump on her forehead, and Ethan..er...Stone Cold...How I love these babies...

Dear 2009,

When we met, I was 21 weeks pregnant.... just 12 weeks from meeting the newest, smallest members of my family. You were good to me, 2009. You kept me healthy, you kept me strong-Strong enough to bring my babies into this world without so much as a hiccup. Thank you for giving me March 23 to hold on to and remember for my lifetime. I'll never forget that day or the hours that passed before I could see my tiny bundles...or the minute I first held them in my arms. Breathtaking...

2009, we've seen happiness and also some sadness. We've been tried and tested and we have survived. We've grown, we've changed and we've learned to understand and accept. 2009, you were not perfect, but none of us are. You have reminded me of the importance of forgiveness and hope. You've reminded me what is important in my life - my family.

Thank you 2009 for births and new smiles, for husbands and "dada", for anniversaries and for milestones, for new jobs, and new friends, for new babies on the way and memories of babies we never got to meet, for family near and far, for friends who've remained dear, for the selfless gift we were given just because and for those who did the giving, for first holidays and first lots-of-things... :)

Years from now, when I think back to the moments that shaped my life, I will remember you. Thank you 2009. Good night...

Happy New Year.

Sincerely,
Ami

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails