If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Mother of the Year Monday...Stockings, Stickers and Scissors



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....at Urgent Care. Okay, not quite. But it COULD'VE! So for this Mother of the Year Monday, I'd like to talk about my daughter, Hunter and her idiot mother. No, we haven't started decorating for Christmas just yet, but we DID get stockings for everyone.

So in my OCDness, I really wanted our stockings to have names, but am not willing to fork over the money I don't have to pay for the pretty Pottery Barn Ones...So instead I got in touch with my inner Martha Stewart and created my own tags to hang from each stocking.

Here are the tools I used for this project, which I left out, on the table, right beside Hunter in her high chair...

1. Stickers
2. Wood chips
3. Scissors

Did you pay particular attention to item #3? CUZ I OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T!!! Brian and I were just cooking away in the kitchen when I heard some crumpling noises by Hunter...I look over at her and see that she has reached over to the table, grabbed on to Brian's stocking and pulled it into her lap. What I didn't see was that the scissors, that were on top of his stocking were also now in her little hands! Uh Oh!! So what did I do?? If you said, "take the scissors out of her hands" you are absolutely wrong! I grabbed the camera first, took a picture and THEN took the scissors out of her hands! Here are some photos of the evidence....

"Hunter Olivia? Are you playing with scissors??"

"Not me, mommy! See? There's nothing in my hands!"
(Look closely, under her left chicken wing, YES there is...)
Oh boy...what next?

4 comments:

Anabelle said...

Who let us be moms?? At least it wasn't a knife! :)

Annabelle said...

AH yes, that's what will come next... the knife!

Adam and Samantha said...

Nice!! You are a true blogger!!

Anonymous said...

Everybody knows you take the picture first!
-Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails