If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just keep waiting...just keep waiting..

Ok, it's been a while. Time to play catch up again. So what's one to do while she waits for her babies to say they want out?? Well...here are just a few things that have been going on in our world!

1. AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE: My nesting has turned into a mild case of "what if I suddenly go into labor" panic which has caused me to start making Brian a list of the items that will need to come along with us to the hospital. I've taped it to the laundry room door, so it cannot be missed. Of course, my plan is to have all of the items already bagged and ready to go at a moment's notice so he WON'T have to think about it, but I know full well, that sometimes the best way to make God laugh is to tell him your plan. :) So I'm just covering my bases! I seriously even took a picture of the items that would still need to be added to the bag, even after I had packed it! OCD anyone? And I want to hear no chuckles...even my good friend Heather Chumbler suggested I bring the "getting ready items" such as hairdryers, etc.

2. BABY BOOK BONANZA: One of the other items on that list, (which I must thank my good friends Nicole, Anabelle and Heather for helping me compile) are their baby books so that their little tiny hand and footprints can be forever imprinted in their books! So last night, I sat on the couch, and began filling out the baby books. Let me tell ya, the first one was FUN! Second one, a bit redundant, but still fun. The third one, ok, I'm not gonna lie, kind of tedious!(A bit like teaching half day kindergarten...except this time, I have to do everything three times, not just two!) As I filled out their books I kept having flash forwards of enrolling my little trio in kindergarten and filling out three sets of enrollment paperwork, or going to the doctor's office and filling out three sets of patient information packets, etc. But even still, I LOVE IT! I cannot believe I am going to have three babies soon! I am so excited to meet them and get to know them and their personalities!


3. FLOATING: Well, I can't really call the next section "swimming" because I'd fear the references to the "Free Willy" movies of some years ago...so we'll more accurately call it "floating". Dr. M. has repeatedly suggested that one of the best things I can do for my back is float in a pool. Well, the pool is only about 40 degrees or so (not my idea of a relaxing float) so instead, my mom and dad graciously heat their jacuzzi to somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 degrees...(bath water, if you will). And I just go float! It's the only place where my body is weightless..and let me tell you, it feels wonderful! Until I have to get out....then it seriously feels like 9 pounds of brick just suddenly attaches itself to my waist. :) As you can see, Piper also enjoys the days we go float!




















4. WAITING FOR DINNER: The next section I just find absolutely hilarious. Pregnant people like food. Yes? Yes. So not too long ago, Brian was in Phoenix and his mom sent him home with a frozen tater-tot casserole she'd made for us. Yum! Well Brian and I are not "Rachael Ray type cooks" where ya can just throw things together and figure out how to make it work and cook it so you don't get food poisoning, etc. Nope. Not us. We need explicit directions. So at about 8:30 that night, Brian and I decide to heat the casserole which was such a lifesaver because neither of us felt like cooking. "Put it in the oven for at least 45 minutes at 350 degrees." That's what Brian remembered. Sounds good to me! Well, long story short, it may have been more frozen that any of us thought, because seriously about 2 hours later, we were finally eating it! (It was pushing 11:00 at night!!) But when you're waiting for something you really, really want it feels SO much longer and all three of us were just sitting in the kitchen waiting for some sign of "done-ness." Let me tell ya, it was the tastiest dinner we'd ever eaten at 11:00 at night!






















5. A TREAT FOR MY TOES: Finally, knowing that I cannot reach my own feet, my good friend Jen Corbelli took me out the other day and treated my toes and feet to a pedicure! A much needed one! It doesn't show up as well in the photos, but if you look closely, you will see that my toes are an AB pattern of Pink-Blue - Pink - Blue - Pink, etc. I'm really hoping they last until it's time to go to the hospital! I may have to go to Walgreens and buy myself some blue polish to do some touch-ups if need be! Either way, it was a very relaxing way to spend an hour...thanks Jen!!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails