If you're new to our blog, and would like to start from the moment I learned I was having triplets, click HERE :)
Posts about Colton's Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries as well as the Triplets' Cranial Bands are along the sidebar.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Don't Blink

This afternoon, I took the trips to Catalina Pediatrics for their 11 year old well checks to prepare for Middle School.

Yes. These are COVID times...masks for all. 


Wait-did you get that? Let me repeat.

This afternoon,

I took the trips

for their 11 YEAR OLD well checks

to prepare for MIDDLE SCHOOL. 

Yup. 11 years. Middle School. 

{Gulp.}

I think as a parent the craziest part of seeing the same doctor for so many years is how you can be instantly transported, the moment the doors to the office open, right back to the days where you sweated your booty off getting three infants in and out of carseats and strollers, onto the exam table and off, cuddling, snuggling, wiping tears, then reloading them into the stroller and back into carseats.

4 MONTHS OLD

ETHAN & COLTON

 HUNTER


Do I miss those days? Honestly? I do.

Which is not to say I don't cherish the age they are now, because let's be very clear, there is something pretty awesome about handing each of them their own reports to read. And they can answer their own questions about their health and I don't have to hold them after they get shots! They're just as goofy as ever during their appointments and there's no question we provide entertainment to all who enter our room!

Anyhoodle. I guess it's official. I can't use "no shot records" as an excuse to keep my kids out of middle school. Sigh...I guess I have to let go.

But it's okay. They have Hunter, their 2nd mom to look out for them.
Yes, those were THEIR words to Dr. Goldberg today! :)

My littles are growing up.
Same table. 11 years apart.  :) 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails